Partner with Compassion Waco as we provide housing, help, and hope to families facing housing instability. Together, we can transform crisis into a catalyst for long-term success.
- Become a monthly donor. For $25, $50, $100 or more a month you can be a part of our core donors who help sustain our ministry throughout the year. For you convenience we offer automatic monthly drafts from your checking account or credit card. Contact the Executive Director to find out more at 254-755-7640.
- Donate online with a credit card. Click the button above to donate now. Memorials and Honoraria may be sent through the Message box on the PayPal page. Input your information in the Message Box location. Be sure to include the name of the person you want to honor or memorialize and the name and address of the person you want notified that the donation has been made.
- Donate to our endowment fund made available through the Waco Foundation at 900 Austin Avenue, Suite 1000, Waco, Texas 76701.
- Transfer gifts or stocks or bonds by contacting the Executive Director at 254-755-7640.
- Donate by sending a check or money order to: Compassion Ministries of Waco, 1421 Austin Avenue, Waco, Texas 76701.
Compassion Ministries is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization. Donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service regarding tax deductions for charitable contributions. IRS Publication #526 provides useful information on the requirements for deductible contributions and the related limitations.
You can also support Compassion by shopping online through Amazon Smile. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Compassion every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to help the homeless families in our program.
In-Kind Donations (Throughout the Year)
We are thankful for the many generous people who donate items we can use or give away. A list of most needed items is available on Amazon, and we will gratefully accept any of the following items:
- Sets of dishes (at least 4 place settings)
- Sets of glasses
- Glass bakeware
- Pots and pans.
- Tin bakeware.
- Small kitchen utensils, silverware set bagged in baggies
- Small kitchen appliances (can openers, toasters, blenders, crock pots, etc.)
- Kitchen misc. (pot holders, kitchen towels, canister sets)
- Small household appliances (irons, alarm clocks, etc.)
- Blankets (NEW)
- Pillows (NEW)
- NEW school supplies
- NEW backpacks
- Children’s NEW toys/books
- Gift items for adults
- Children’s and junior’s clothing on hangers (no bags accepted)
- Coats and jackets – all sizes! Accepted at any time of year
- Compassion does NOT accept adult clothing, shoes, purses, printed t-shirts, revealing clothing, evening wear, pajamas.
- Only NEW undergarments are accepted.
Furniture (with prior approval):
- Bed frames, new or gently used mattresses
- Sofas (no sleeper sofas)
- Televisions (small sizes only or flat screens)
- New or gently used rain ponchos
- New or gently used umbrellas
Donations are received at 1421 Austin Avenue, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. We are closed for lunch from 12 Noon – 1 p.m. We do not have a pick up service but our staff will help you unload your items when you arrive at Compassion.
If you have questions about items you are wanting to donate, please call our office at (254) 755-7640.