To be admitted into the Compassion program, residents must:
- Have custody of at least one child under the age of 18
- Be alcohol- and drug-free;
- Work closely with assigned Compassion caseworkers;
- Obtain full-time employment within the first 30 days in the program and pay approximately 30% of their gross income for rent;
- Attend weekly counseling sessions provided by community volunteers in budget and employment skills.
To Apply for Admission:
Please download the forms below and read the whole packet. Please fill out the application form and bring it, along with your picture ID and social security card (if you have one), to a personal interview on any Wednesday at 2 p.m. at 1421 Austin. If you have any issues downloading these forms, please let us know.