Please email resumes and cover letters to Amanda_Samaniego@compassionwaco.com
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Case Manager’s primary focus is to address the specialized case management needs of each resident. The Case Manager serves alongside the entire Compassion Waco team as a care coordinator and resident case manager, and may perform duties that include: outreach, prevention and risk reduction, health education, crisis intervention, referral for substance abuse and mental health counseling and/or benefits counseling. The Case Manager will effectively assist the residents in accessing specific services in the community to help reintegrate the family to the community. Optimally, the Case Manager’s role is one that supports the family reaching self-sufficiency physically, mentally, spiritually, financially and parentally.
- Gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the resources available to the homeless and marginalized population in the community.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor Service Plan for each resident.
- Routinely reevaluate the Service Plan with the family and the Compassion Waco team to determine progress, necessary changes, additions, etc.
- Track and record case information, complete forms and produce reports.
- Assist residents and their children with transportation during the day, as needed.
- New resident assessments and intake.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Experience with social services and/or homeless programs.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and clear driving record.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Experience and ease working with a diverse population of residents.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, to present a Service Plan to residents so they understand fully.
- Superb critical-thinking, organizational analytical skills.