Volunteers are an integral part of the program at Compassion Ministries. Some fifty local citizens volunteer nearly 500 hours each month. With only three full-time staff members, Compassion Ministries could not exist without the dedicated help of volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Supervise children on Thursday 4:30-8:00 P.M. in the daycare room while parents attend classes.
Budget / Employment Co-Partners:
- Pairs of volunteers meet with two residents every Thursday evening 5:45-7:00 to develop and review individual budget and to discuss employment.
- Prepare an apartment for a new family by decorating, stocking with food, and making the new family feel welcome.
On-Call Volunteers – Times will vary according to need:
- Routine office assistance (as needed) during regular office hours 9-5, M-F.
- Bulk Mailings (as needed)
- Assist with special events throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Please click on the application form below, fill it out, and send it back to us. We would love to have you!