Responsible To: Executive Director
Requirements: Bachelors Degree. Two years experience in administration with a non-profit agency preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent computer skills are required.
Paid Time Off: Regular Full-Time: 10 hours earned per pay period. Paid monthly.
Description: The Executive Assistant works closely with the Executive Director in the overall management of agency operations.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday; but available as needed after hours and on weekends in support of Compassion events and related activities.
Responsibilities: The major job responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following areas:
- Assist the Executive Director in working with the Compassion Board of Directors and in carrying out board-related activities.
- Work under the supervision of the Executive Director in the development and management of the agency budget and in accounting/financial functions for the agency.
- Assist the Executive Director in fundraising efforts and in preparation of grant proposals.
- Coordinate public relations with the Executive Director for the media related to Compassion functions and events.
- Manage and be responsible for the phone system and databases (donations and volunteers).
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer activities and perform background checks on volunteers.
- Manage inventory and purchasing of office supplies as directed by Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director and other staff with correspondence, fliers, processing and mailing newsletters and processing daily mail.
- Assist Executive Director, as needed, in preparing for resident meetings each week for Co-Partners and once a month for Life Skills.
- Process initial interview with potential resident, i.e., supervise filling out of required forms and paperwork, maintaining waiting list and applicant list. Prepare new resident packet. Maintain resident roster.
- Process non-monetary donations.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director.
Submit letter of interest and resume by June 30 to Executive Director, 1421 Austin, Waco, Texas, 76701 or electronically to email@example.com.